My Black & White Bella is done! This is based on burdastyle’s Bella sewing pattern which is originally meant for pants. The only changes I made was to shorten the length and skipped the interfacing. I used black cotton twill for the shorts and selected black and white buttons to go with it. This black & white Bella is now my favorite pair of shorts for many reasons.
1) The high waist with princess seams is very flattering to the waistline
2) The wide legs makes this pair of shorts super-duper comfy
3) It is a superb sewing pattern which is well thought out. Imagine back pockets that are so strategically positioned under the seamline. Go beyond the 1.5cm seam allowance and they could be gone…haha. You can imagine how the princess seams, side seams, pocket seams etc matched perfectly.
4) I learnt how to create my first pouch pocket and it was fun! I love the pleats on top of the pocket. They are rather flattering too as they accentuate the hip area from the side.
5) Compared to the Ruby pattern, the instructions for Bella must be commended for its clarity. If anyone is making shorts for the first time, I’ll recommend Bella for sure!
6) Black and white not only makes the outfit look more classic, it can go with many different tops.
7) I am happy I do not have to alter the waistline fit. Size 38 is perfect for me. Yay! For a person who has been having problems finding shorts with a waistline that fits, it’s a double YAY!!!
UPDATE: Oops, thought I should also show a clearer photo of the back as I really like the details. I could not take a clear one wearing it though so I will live with this. Color of the actual pair shorts is very similar to the photos above. The one below had exposure and definition blasted up so the details can be seen in the shot 🙂
Love the pockets and the buttons! I think the bella is so much cuter as shorts than as long pants 🙂
Wow Kimmie, you are so quick! Thank you!
GORGEOUS! And I mean both the shorts and the model of course 🙂 Love all the little details
These are extra-cute! I love the side gathers, and flattering cut.
Cute shorts, they’ll go with everything this summer!
Pingback: The Bella shorts « Masniblog