I have been tagged by Ali from the Wardrobe, Reimagined in a game of eight questions so here are my answers:)
1. What song never fails to move you?
‘Home’ by Michael Buble.
My husband used to travel on business a lot in his previous job and that was before we had kids. I always felt lonely when he was away and sometimes it made me unhappy that he seemed all right with it. One day, he told me about this song and how much he missed home when he heard it and how much the lyrics related to how he felt. That revelation meant a lot to me.
2. What’s your sewing threshold? As in, what will you let go, what must you absolutely fix?
I will let go of imperfect button holes and thread colors that do not match the fabric if these were on the wrong side (Sometimes, I am too lazy to change thread!). I absolutely have to fix seams from the top and bottom of a dress that do not match and I have to fix any fit issues. As I do not have a serger, I am determined to ensure that there is nothing left to fray. Most of the time, I use french seams to solve this problem.
3. What’s your “desert island” book/movie and why could you read/watch it over and over?
Can I bring my sewing machine? I’m kidding. My fave of all time is the endearing French movie, Amelie. I can’t recall how many times I have watched it and I still love it. Since I am not bringing any book, can I bring past seasons of Project Runway I have not gotten the chance to watch?
4. What garment/accessory do you wear the most?
My fave ultra huge green sunglasses and at night, my glasses.
I just realised they are both in green, my fave color!
5. What wouldn’t you be caught dead in?
A skirt. I am not sure why a dress is fabulous but a skirt sucks. It’s just the way I see the world. It’s the same with vegetables, if they are purple, I do not eat them.
6. Your motto/mantra?
I’m highly favored, deeply loved and greatly blessed.
7. A designer you consistently like and why?
I don’t really have one but I do like the recent miu miu collection. I am, however, totally in love with some of the shoes over at irregular choice and can always find something drool worthy! Can I show you my current faves?
Duke the 2nd
They are totally quirky and irresistible!
8. Something about you we wouldn’t expect from reading your blog?
I lived in Australia for three years and completed two masters degree. An MBA from the University of Queensland and a MA (Media Production) from Griffith University. Before I was fabric crazy, I was film & tv crazy. The strange thing is I knew from the start I should keep my passion for film and tv a passion instead of a career but still ended up making it a career.
There. I’m done but not before I tag eight people I’ve recently met on blogsphere🙂 Have fun people!
1. Zura from Sew Retro Chic
4. Eleanor from Unfamiliar Ceiling
5. Emma from Land of Emma
6. Trudy from Sewing with Trudy
7. Ina from Feathering a Nest
8. Lily from The House of Mirth
Your eight questions:
1) Which is your favorite piece of creation so far? Who was it for?
2) Which is the most memorable place you have travelled to and why?
3) What’s your favourite accessory?
4) Which is your must watch tv programme?
5) Do you have another creative outlet besides sewing?
6) What’s your favourite colour?
7) Who or what inspires you to create?
8 ) Besides the sewing machine, your most important tool is…. and why?