The Sew Convert is utterly happy and utterly exhausted. I have completed the third and final Tara for the Tara Experiment Week! My source of inspiration is a cape dress from Harvey Faircloth which I mentioned in a previous post. Meet Cape Tara. My most versatile Tara so far.
The fabric is a discounted cotton fabric from Spotlight. I bought 2 metres of it at US$6.50. It is a light weight cotton but not as sheer as voile. I adapted the cape from my vintage butterick B5032 pattern.
The blouse can also be wore without the cape.
I used white bias tape to create the tie-string sleeves. The fabric had rather cute fringes on its selvages so I cut pieces of them and added these to the back and front neckline area of the blouse as shown below.
I tried the blouse on after finishing the sleeves and realized I do not need to insert the elastic. So, I didn’t. However, I did tighten the fit around the waist area.
Psst…If you do not have a cape pattern, Ruffles & Stuff has a cape tutorial 🙂
For the Sew Convert, I am glad I have the weekend to recharge and sew more tops next week. Blessed weekend everyone!