A couple of days after finishing the red denim ruby, I came across a magazine called Designare at the petrol kiosk. It’s one of those magazines which is basically a compilation of runway and gala photos. I was browsing through when a picture caught my eye. The model was wearing a pair of white ruffles shorts (and it’s shorts week for me!). Pretty cute, I thought and it became the inspiration for my Ruffles Ruby. Here’s a photo of the shorts that inspired me.
After seeing the photo, I told myself that the ruby sewing pattern would be rather appropriate for this design and wanted to give it another shot. I imagined that Ruffles Ruby will go perfectly with a summer tunic top or a simple white blouse. So, here’s my version.
This time my basting and fitting paid off and the waist fitted well. Yay!
I learnt my lessons from the Red Denim Ruby and did not use interfacing this time. I used a light weight cotton fabric of the same colour and tone of white to create the ruffles so they would not be bulky. To keep the back simple, I skipped the pocket.
I sewed this pair of shorts based on my memory of making the last pair and decided not to refer to the confusing instructions. It actually worked better for me:)